Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cutie Mark Cookies!


Okay, so, seriously you guys.  This show.  If you haven't watched it yet, you're missing out.  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a relatively new animated series created by Lauren Faust, who also worked on gems like 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends' and 'The Powerpuff Girls'.  This series is a throwback to every single thing I loved about the cartoons I grew up with on Cartoon Network.  Yes, I'm 26.  No, I'm not ashamed to admit that I friggin' love ponies.


Every equine member of the My Little Pony universe sports a unique symbol, located near the rumpus region.  This is called a cutie mark, and one maaaagically appears whenever a pony discovers his or her own unique talent or finds something special that sets him or her apart from all the other ponies in Equestria.

And it just so happens that cutie marks look really...well, cute on cookies:


From left to right it's Rainbow Dash (big adventure!), Pinkie Pie (tons of fun!), Rarity (a beautiful heart!), Applejack (faithful and strong!), Fluttershy (sharing kindness!) and Twilight Sparkle (magic makes it all complete!).

While making these, I realized that I REALLY need to start using Royal Icing instead of Glaze Icing.  Even when using a #1 icing tip, I can't get the level of accuracy and fine detail that I want since the glaze spreads sooo much.  

So, I feel like I'm off to a decent start, but the next ones will be at least 20% cooler...

That's all for now!  Now, go watch some ponies.

No comments: